Feast of Blades '13

Monday, March 21, 2011

New Dark Eldar Model? Sneak Peak from GDubs and Guesses

Well, as anyone who reads BoLS knows...or subscribes to the GW email newsletter knows some hint pictures showed up from our favorite love to hate company with some zoomed in pictures of the next wave....Heres the first picture....
Well before we discuss what it more than likely is let me first say the email was headed off with a cool sketch of Urien Rakarth and it talked about the Haemonculi.....So intuition points out that we need to look to what is related to the Haemonculi Coven. This first picture is more than likely either a Wrack or Grotesque head....this was very obvious since it is very much like either of the heads seen in the pictures of the models in question in the book. Since it lurches forward more than likely ths is our first look at a grotesque.....next image...

Well first impressions say its an obviously armored/spiked piece here.(no $#** right?) Now at first I believe'd this to be part of either a new Talos or a model for the Cronos but knowing my luck its a shoulder plate for a new model.....I investigated a little and since GDubs is still delling the old Talos model online its probably not a Talos....also since its in my oppinion Gdubs wants to make a Talos/Cronos duel plastic kit (probably for something ridiculous like $50 or $60) I doubt it is either of those..

So I believe it is either a Grotestque/Wrack shoulder pad....(makes sense)...But I wouldn't leave out a special character or something else random. Since GDubs ("Claims") that all of the Dark Eldar Range will be released by this summer ("of flyers") I would expect an actual (50/50) Voidraven/Razorwing kit (something similar to the Forgeworld razorwing which is nothing more than a glorified old Reaver with some wings). I'd also expect around the sametime a Talos/Cronos kit with mabye the scourges released around the same time with some special characters.....this new release that is happenening next with the new mystery models I expect Wracks, Grotesques and mabye a new haemonculi.....hopefully in plastic with all the new upgrade options but thats straight up (probably non-exsistent) wishfull thinking.....

My list is dead set on the current range....except for a probable Venom model which I will buy a few of......I expect that in the summer release with the Scourges/probable indie character/Talos-Cronos kit release....but that is just a prediction nothing else....more on this later....

No comments:

Post a Comment