Feast of Blades '13

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vampire Counts: Thoughts on the new release

Hey all, remember way back last summer when I said it was the summer of the undead for me? Yeah it kind of went limp and died....made way for my chaos resurgence and my Storm Wardens....Still Fantasy recently has me enthralled...

Why? Well I almost bought a high elf army a few days back....luckily I lost because the next day we got a date for Vampire Counts in a couple weeks....now I am excited for a release that finally effects me again....

I still plan on using Mantic undead for my main forces (only ghouls/zombies/skelies/GG) with everything else being GW (Wayyyyyyy cheaper  and cooler skulpts imho.....1/10 of cost)....But lets go over some cool things...

Hexwraiths that look like the extremely better old cairn wraith sculpts on specteral steads.....Im sorry but that model is too cool ....and ethereal fast cav that cause S5 hits on units they pass through? I am sorry but that is worth every penny as I am planning on buying 10 (converted price being about 30 bucks for a 5 man box...not too shabby and in with the current GW price range...I could use the black knight parts for conversions)....I also plan on getting new Vampire models and a new wight king bsb.....now as for the rat ogres that got romantic with ghouls for our new large ghouls.....if they manage to be a good block unit I may also pick up a unit fo them...but lets wait...I still am pissed about cairn wraiths being heros and not a rare choice unit.....it makes them fairly situational and hard to use...I still prefer the banshees being heros as thats show I like to use them.....still all in all I am excited for the new book...the majority of units are now cheaper with a lot of changes in the lore of vampires....I do not like the changes I saw to the vampiric powers..but the lore is much better with a way better version of invocation and the ability for units to regain bodies with each successful casting of any spell.....This makes up for the newer lack of summon horde which I have yet to see mentioned....Yet all in all I am excited to get these guys on the table...possibly a colonial GT showing....yet first the conflict and the storm wardens are priority....

No comments:

Post a Comment