Monday, July 23, 2012
Look Out Sir! Shenanigans: Why is there any trouble?
So the rule clearly states when you "allocate a wound" to a character he can take a look out sir. Some players are still trying to state that you roll for the save and when you fail it then you take a look at sire but there are a myriad of issues with this argument.
1. If I ask you when do you allocate a wound when would you say that you would do that? That alone answers the question. You allocate the wound, then take the save not backwards. Hell page 15 states that you allocate wounds then take saves so there is no way to interpret that you would take a save then look out sir it. That's just plain silly.
2. Precedence- This is a direct transfer from fantasy, these guys are pros at LOS, ask them when they take it...although this is not a solid enough of a reason it is a direct rule transfer.
3. It Makes no sense! Why would a model take a wound and then a guy be all like, "oh your wounded sir, quickly take the bullet out and put it inside me, gahhh! I'm dead"........ -_-
4. GW would never rule that you would take the save then roll for LOS...and you know it
5. How can you use a special rule in order to prove that you would take the save, then roll for LOS? That is a very specialized type of roll....it is like trying to argue that if you "know no fear" that would make you "fearless" always.....
Seriously guys? this is one of the most clearly stated rules people have tried to shenaniganize since 5th edition FNP.....more on this later....